Traveling can be expensive, and one of the most frustrating expenses is baggage fees. Airlines are constantly changing their rules and fees, making it hard to keep track of what you need to do to avoid paying them. But don’t worry, we’re here to help. With these packing hacks, you’ll be able to pack light and save money on checked baggage fees.
Packing Hacks to Avoid Checked Baggage Fees
- Invest in a good carry-on bag. This is the first and most important step in avoiding checked baggage fees. A good carry-on bag should be small enough to fit in the overhead compartment but large enough to fit everything you need for your trip. If you’re not sure which bag to buy, read reviews or ask a friend who travels frequently for recommendations.
- Wear your heaviest clothing on the plane. This will save space in your bag and also help you stay warm if the temperature drops during your flight.
- Roll, don’t fold, your clothes. Rolling your clothes instead of folding them will help you fit more into your bag and prevent wrinkles.
- Pack versatile clothing that can be mixed and matched. Choose items that can be worn multiple ways so that you can create different outfits with fewer pieces of clothing.
- only pack essential items. Ask yourself if you really need each item before packing it. If you’re unsure, err on the side of caution and leave it at home.
- Use packing cubes or Ziploc bags to organize your belongings. Packing cubes or Ziploc bags can help you keep your bag organized and make it easier to find what you need while you’re traveling.
- Bring along a scarf or sarong . A scarf or sarong takes up very little space in your bag but can be used as a blanket, scarf, beach cover-up, or even a skirt or top.
- Make use of every nook and cranny . Fill up any empty spaces in your bag with smaller items like socks or underwear.
- Travel with a friend . If you’re traveling with someone else , see if you can share a suitcase to save space and moneyship ahead .
- If you’re traveling for an extended period of time or going to multiple destinations , consider shipping some of your belongings ahead of time so that you don’t have to lug them around with you .
By following these packing hacks, you’ll be able to avoid checked baggage fees and save money on your next trip! Do you have any packing hacks that we didn’t mention? Let us know in the comments below!